Got a fantastic Highland photo that you want to share with the world?
We're on the hunt for great images to use in the promotion of Highland cattle, and we're giving you the opportunity to enter for the chance to have your photo featured!
The competition will feature two categories:
General Photos - winning photos will be selected for publication at the Society's discretion in any of the AHCS Publications produced after the closing date of the competition.
2023 Calendar Photos - winning photos will be published on a month of the 2023 AHCS Calendar and will including the Fold name (if the entrant has one) or membership name, property, town and state with the photo.
The Photo Competition is now closed and we are reviewing entries for members to vote. Watch this space for announcement of winners that will feature in our 2023 AHCS Calendar!
Thank you to all entrants that submitted photos.
AHCS Photo Competition Guidelines:
- All photographs must be the work of the person entering the competition and not subject to copyright.
- Photos must be submitted in digital file format: .jpg, .jpeg, .tif, .tiff, .png
- Maximum of 3 photos may be submitted
- Maximum file size: 10MB for each image submitted.
- For calendar competition entries - All photos must be landscape orientation (size 297mm x 210mm OR 3508px x 2408px) and high resolution (minimum 300dpi).
- For general photo submissions - portrait photos can be submitted, or photos with custom image sizes different to the above.
- Photos to be entered / submitted using the online entry form.
- Images will be assessed against several criteria, including composition, printability and general appeal. Featured photos on the 2023 Calendar will be decided by member vote.
- By entering the competition, entrants give the AHCS the rights to use the image(s) for promotional and marketing purposes.